The Forum organizers were the Almazov National Medical Research Centre, Association of Lymphologists of the Russian Federation, the Russian Society of Angiology and Vascular Surgery, and the Health Committee of the Government of St. Petersburg.
The work of the authoritative forum was headed by Prof. Vladimir Konenkov, academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Scientific Director of the Institute of Clinical and Experimental Lymphology Research Institute.
The Forum lectures were presented by the leading Russian and foreign scientists in the field of lymphology and phlebology, the topical issues were interesting and useful not only to lymphologists and phlebologists, but also to angiologists, internists, general practitioners, surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, physiotherapists, and doctors of other specialities.
The following topics were discussed on the Forum:
- History of Lymphology
- Fundamentals of Lymphology
- Interdisciplinary Lymphology (methods of clinical lymphology in surgery, internal medicine, oncology, urology, etc.)
- Microsurgery of Lymphoedemas
- Preventive Lymphology
- Lymph Efflux in Phlebology
- Endolymphatic Therapy
- Lymphoedema in lower extremities ― current theory of pathogenesis and therapy
- Post-Mastectomy Syndrome: current approaches to treatment
The Forum program included symposia, master classes on lymphatic drainage and bandaging, an exhibition of medical compression stockings, modern medical equipment and drugs.