On July 7, the delegation of specialists from the East Slovak Institute of Cardiovascular Disease of the sister city of St. Petersburg Kosice (Slovak Republic) visited the Centre.
The delegation included:
- Dr. Frantisek Sabol, General Director of the Institute
- Dr. Gabriel Valochik, Chief Physician of the Cardio Surgery Clinic
- Dr. Peter Chandik, Chief Physician
- Dr. Janka Beneva, Deputy Chief Physician of the Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Dr. Monika Yankayeva, Deputy Chief Physician
The meeting was attended by the Chairman of the Health Committee of the Government of St. Petersburg Valery Kolabutin, topical issues of public healthcare organization and possible areas of future cooperation were discussed.
General Director Prof. Evgeny Shlyakhto introduced the Almazov Centre, its structure and main goals, which was followed by the tour around the Almazov Centre. The guests visited the hybrid operating room, intensive care units, cardiovascular surgery units, department of chemotherapy, oncohematological diseases and bone marrow transplantation, PET center and the congress center.