The conference was organized by the Russian Ministry of Health, Almazov National Medical Research Centre, St. Petersburg Association of Endocrinologists and High-Tech Medical Foundation.
The conference covered the following topics:
- Current approaches to the management of obesity, diabetes mellitus and risk factors for cardiovascular diseases and diabetes mellitus: from translational research to clinical practice
- Acute and chronic complications of DM: team approach to prevention and treatment
- Vitamin D deficiency in children and adults, classical and non-classical effects of vitamin D deficiency
- Thyroid and parathyroid diseases
- Multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis and management of pituitary and adrenal gland disorders
- Endocrine syndromes in neuroendocrine tumors of various sites: problems of diagnosis and tactics
- Osteoporosis: principles of prevention and treatment
- Selected issues of gynecological endocrinology, endocrine disorders in pregnancy
- Multidisciplinary approach to managing patients with disorders of sexual differentiation and development
The conference included the young scientists schools entitled “Selected Problems of Endocrinology” and “Current Approach to the Treatment of DM and Obesity from the Perspectives of Personalized Approaches and Precision Medicine”, symposia devoted to the myths and reality of biosimilars made in Russia as well as new methods of glycemic control (jointly with the University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics).
A poster session was held to showcase the recent advancements.