The event was organized by the Russian Ministry of Health, Almazov National Medical Research Centre, St. Petersburg Public Health Committee, St. Petersburg Society of Pediatricians, Russian Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
The sessions were devoted to the problems of fetal diseases, current tactics of pregnancy management and the possibilities of intrauterine correction, fetal and neonatal cardiology, nutritive strategies for early rehabilitation, obesity in children as well as general issues and special clinical cases of the Perinatal Centre.
The participants traditionally gave presentations on the topical issues of perinatal medicine and reproductive health, including:
• pediatric nutrition support
• nutrition support as part of rehabilitation programs in children with a prior history of neonatal diseases (Intergrowth project)
• early diagnosis of rare diseases in children
• specifics of rehabilitation in newborns and infants
• drug therapy for pregnant women, parturients and newborns
• safe and proper use of nutrients, iron, vitamin D and calcium supplements
• current drug therapy for intrauterine diseases (non-immune fetal edema, antiarrhythmic therapy)
• prospects for fetal surgery development
• advanced technologies in perinatology, neonatology and pediatrics
• pediatric aspects of surgical diseases in newborns
• prenatal and postnatal diagnosis of congenital and hereditary diseases
• new diagnostic and treatment methods for diseases in newborns
During the conference, the children’s syncope training program was launched on May 22 and the interdisciplinary training course Drugs in Pregnancy was held on May 23.