On May 24–25, Almazov Centre hosted the All-Russian Conference with international participation Patient-Centered Technologies in Perinatology and Pediatrics. The event brought together more than 350 specialists from 17 Russian regions as well as foreign experts: Mark Zilberman (USA), Ola Saugstad (Norway) and Sverker Ek (Sweden).
The programme was intended for pediatric cardiologists, pediatricians, neonatologists, cardiovascular surgeons, obstetrician-gynecologists, endocrinologists, surgeons, geneticists, and other specialists interested in a multidisciplinary approach to medical care in perinatology and pediatrics.
The conference was organized by:
- Almazov National Medical Research Centre
- Health Committee of St. Petersburg Government
- Russian Union of Pediatricians
- Pavlov First St. Petersburg State Medical University
- O. Ott Research Institution of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductology
- Mechnikov State Medical University
- Kulakov Medical Research Centre for Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology
- Research Centre of Medical Genetics
- Russian Association of Pediatric Cardiologists
- Russian Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Russian Association of Specialists in Perinatal Medicine
- Saint Petersburg State University.
The event was opened with welcome speeches by Prof. Alexandra Konradi, Deputy Director General for Research; Prof. Maria Shkolnikova, President of the Russian Association of Pediatric Cardiologists; Tatyana Pervunina, Director of the Perinatology and Pediatrics Institute of Almazov Centre; Oksana Shmeleva, head of the Mother and Child Health Care Department of the St. Petersburg Health Committee.
The two-day programme featured lectures, plenary talks, poster sessions, symposia and interactive discussions focusing on some of the hottest issues in perinatology and pediatrics.
The conference covered the following topics:
- Prenatal ultrasound screening of congenital heart diseases, fetal arrhythmias and conduction disturbances. Routing of pregnant women and newborns
- Neonatal cardiology and cardiac surgery
- Molecular and genetic aspects of CVD
- Current state of perinatal medicine and population’s reproductive health
- Fetal surgery. Fetus as a patient
- Cutting-edge medical technologies in gynecology and perinatology
- Congenital and acquired lung diseases in preterm newborns and infants. Differential diagnosis, surgical repair and treatment strategies
- Personalized care for arterial hypertension in children
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
- Pelvic microbiome. The microbiome as a metabolic organ. Ecosystem stability and correcting mechanisms
- Early diagnosis of rare diseases. Rehabilitation and personalized care for patients with orphan diseases
- Clinical case presentation (series of posters on rare and difficult-to-diagnose clinical cases).
The conference featured the training session Diagnosis and Treatment of Fetal Abnormalities. Maternal Factors of Fetal Programming, online fetal echocardiography workshop with video broadcast with participation of Russian and American experts, a training session for pregnant women (maternal nutrition for fetal health, breastfeeding, newborn care).