On September 22, a round table dedicated to the cardiovascular diseases problem in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic was held at the International Multimedia Press Center «Russia Today».
Leading experts presented the latest statistical data on the CVD with coronavirus infection COVID-19, discussed the specifics of prevention in high-risk groups, and considered the psychological aspects of healthy habits. The key reason for the experts’ meeting was the first results of the project «Measure your heart age!»
Online testing is continuing and anyone can take part in it. The project started in May, and about 110,000 people from different Russian regions have passed the test. According to the organizers, there are more women among the participants, and 50 % are people at the age 30- 50.
Only 5 % passport data and heart age is congruent, in 10% heart age is younger than the actual one, in 15 % — it’s more for 5 years, and in 70 % it differs for 1–3 years.
In order to pass the online test, you should answer the questions about blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol levels.
The event was attended by:
- Evgeny Shlyakhto, Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, President of the Russian Society of Cardiology, Director General of the Almazov National Medical Research Centre;
- Svetlana Villevalde, MD, DSc, Professor, Head of the Analytic and Prospective Planning Service of the Almazov National Medical Research Centre;
- Oxana Rotar, MD, Head of the Research Laboratory of Noncommunicable Diseases Epidemiology;
- Ekaterina Kolesnikova, Head of communication group at Bayer Company;
- Anetta Orlova, Ph.D., family psychologist.