On July 22, Almazov National Medical Research Centre hosted the meeting on reducing mortality rates and improving medical and demographic indicators in the constituent entities of the Northwestern Federal District.
Head of the Roszdravnadzor Regional Office for St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region Andrey Kulev coordinated the meeting.
Before the meeting, participants visited the Situation Centre to get acquainted with an established system of external and internal benchmarking.
The meeting covered the following issues:
- challenges of providing medical care in the Northwestern Federal District
- cardiac care in the Northwestern Federal District
- lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic and priority areas for 2021
- mortality rate from malignant neoplasms in the Northwestern Federal District
- targets of the Healthcare national project
- current state and prospects for emergency medical care in the Northwestern Federal District
- leading mortality causes in the regions of the Northwestern Federal District
- proposals for reducing mortality in 2021
- quality and safety of medical care at the regional level
The participants voiced their opinions in open microphone discussions demonstrating the mortality reduction practices used in the health care systems of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation.