Head of Unit
Medical Care Organization Unit has been operating as a structural unit of Almazov Centre since 2001 and focuses on the ways and principles to improve cardiological and cardiac surgery care and management.
- As part of «Health» national project for 2019–2024, the Unit develops and improves the personalized medicine approaches to CVD diagnosis and treatment strategies.
- Analytical activities based on the epidemiological observational study «ESSE-RF». Vascular age concept and different approaches to its assessment. Sociological survey of patients' health compared to the persons with early vascular aging syndrome.
- Organizational and methodological support for work with healthcare facilities — hypertension prevention centres.
Current work and activities
- Organizational and methodological support for work with healthcare facilities — hypertension prevention centres. Monitoring to identify the patients with CVD risk factors in AF centres.
- Participation in the State Assignment of the Russian Health Ministry “Mechanisms of accelerated aging of the vascular wall and targets for slowing.”
- Analytical activities on the fulfilled state assignment of the Russian Ministry of Health the multicenter observational study “Epidemiology of cardiovascular diseases in the regions of the Russian Federation (ESSE-RF). Vascular age concept. Comparison of different approaches to assessing vascular age.”
- An in-depth study of dynamic monitoring of risk factors and a study of the contribution of risk factors, including genetic ones, to cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in five large regions at the specialized research centres were carried out.
- The role of traditional and new, including genomic and epigenomic, risk factors for cardiovascular mortality and morbidity was assessed based on dynamic monitoring of a Russian cohort.
Newly developed and implemented technologies
- New methods for community screening of CVD risk factors among different population groups and organizational and methodological support to improve prevention methods.
- Monitoring to identify the patients with cardiovascular risk factors using hardware and software.
- Development of the scientific and organizational framework for the use of IT in quality management, expert assessment of medical care quality (specialized cardiac and cardiac surgery care) in a large city.
- Development and implementation of IT support for medical care quality management, clinical audit based on the information and telemedicine technologies in healthcare facilities.
- Monitoring of the expert assessment of medical care quality for CVD patients in healthcare facilities based on information technologies.
- Participation in the specialized audit of cardiology departments in healthcare facilities to determine the expert assessment of health care quality in St. Petersburg.
Participation in State Assignments
“Search for mechanisms of accelerated aging of the vascular wall and targets for slowing” (supervised by A. Konradi).
Nadezhda Paskar, Head of Unit