Head of Department
Department research tasks
- Scientific support for clinical practice in «Anesthesiology and Intensive Care»
- Training programmes in «Anesthesiology and Intensive Care»
- Participation in State Assignments
- Development of research topics in the topical areas of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Support for clinical trials and testing of medical equipment in Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Thesis supervision
- Cooperation with other research departments, assistance in tasks relating to Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Clinical guidelines for Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Monitoring of clinical activities at Almazov Centre in Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, problem solving and scientific support
Newly developed and implemented technologies
- Distant ischemic preconditioning as a method of cardioprotection during cardiac surgery.
- Pulmonary circulation of heart transplant candidates with calcium sensitizer levosimendan. The technology has been developed jointly with Heart Failure Research Laboratory.
- Technology for clinical application of the unit for nitrogen oxide production from atmospheric air.
- Perioperative support of abdominal delivery in patients with CHD and severe hemodynamic disorders.
- Surfactant therapy for acute respiratory distress syndrome in cardiac postoperative period
- Surfactant therapy for severe viral pneumonia in SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Three PhD theses were defended under the scientific advice of Dr. Bautin.
Landoni G., Lomivorotov V.V., Nigro Neto C., Monaco F. et al; MYRIAD Study Group. Volatile Anesthetics versus Total Intravenous Anesthesia for Cardiac Surgery// N Engl J Med. 2019. – Vol. 380 (13). – Р. 1214—1225. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1816476. Режим доступа: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1816476.
Rosenberg O. A., Bautin A. E., Seiliev A.A. Late Start of Surfactant Therapy and Surfactant Drug Composition as Major Causes of Failure of Phase III Multi-Center Clinical Trials of Surfactant Therapy in Adults with ARDS// International Journal of Biomedicine. – 2018. — Vol. 8 – P. 253 – 254. Режим доступа: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327685099_Late_Start_of_Surfactant_Therapy_and_Surfactant_Drug_Composition_as_Major_Causes_of_Failure_of_Phase_III_Multi-Center_Clinical_Trials_of_Surfactant_Therapy_in_Adults_with_ARDS.
Farmakis D., Agostoni P., Baholli L., Bautin A. et al. A pragmatic approach to the use of inotropes for the management of acute and advanced heart failure An expert panel consensus. Int J Cardiol. 2019 Dec 15;297:83-90. doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2019.09.005. Режим доступа: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31615650/.
Landoni G., Lomivorotov V., Pisano A. et al. MortalitY in caRdIAc surgery (MYRIAD): A randomizeD controlled trial of volatile anesthetics. Rationale and design// Contemp Clin Trials. — 2017/ – May 19, pii: S1551—7144 (16), 30437-2. doi: 10.1016/j.cct.2017.05.011. Режим доступа: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28533194/.
Patent for invention RU 2678686 C1, issued on 30.01.2019, application No. 2017132601 dated 18.09.2017.
«Method for pulmonary circulation of recipients before heart transplant»
Authors: Bortsova M., Yakovlev A., Bautin A., Mazurok V., Fedotov P., Zayashnikov S., Gurin M., Sazonova Yu., Sitnikova M., Gordeev M.
Patent No.182294 dated 12.08.2018
«Unit for enteral gas insufflation»
Authors: Mazurok V., Bautin A., Gorelov I.
Patent for invention No. 2563958 dated 28.08.2015.
«Method for determining a decrease in the right ventricle contractility in the postoperative period after CABG (with cardiopulmonary bypass)»
Authors: Laletin D., Bautin A., Rubinchik V., Mikhailov A.
Patent for invention RU 2538044 C1, issued on 10.01.2015, application No. 2013150491/14 dated 12.11.2013.
«Method of myocardial protection during aortic valve surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass»
Authors: Datsenko S., Bautin A., Tashkhanov D., Galagudza M., Bakanov A., Marichev A., Nikitina A.
Andrey Bautin, Head of Department