Multislice computerized tomography (MSCT) is one of the most valuable imaging modalities for pulmonology, cardiology, neurosurgery, neurology, abdominal surgery, oncology, cardiothoracic and cardiac surgery.
Almazov Centre has four state-of-the-art multislice CT scanners:
- Siemens Somatom Definition (128 slices) at the Main Clinical Complex (2 Akkuratova street)
- two Philips Ingenuity Elite CT scanners (128 slices)
- at the Rehabilitation Clinic (15 Parkhomenko street)
- at Polenov Neurosurgical Institute (12 Mayakovskogo street)
- Philips Ingenuity Elite (128 slices) at the Children’s Rehabilitation Clinic (21 Kolomyazhsky street)
Siemens Somatom Definition is a high-speed 128-slice CT scanner equipped with two X-ray tubes. It enables high-resolution CT imaging making it possible to accurately diagnose many diseases in their early stages.
Advantages of CT scan:
- Large diameter tunnel permits positioning patients weighing up to 180 kg.
- It covers a larger scan area making the procedure easier and more comfortable both for the patient and for the doctor.
- The scanning process is fast – a single scan takes from 7 to 10 seconds.
- CT scan is painless and highly informative method of examination.
Our CT department performs the following examinations:
- Brain CT
- CT scan – skull and facial bones
- CT scan – temporal bones
- CT scan – orbits
- CT scan – sinuses
- CT scan – neck (soft tissue)
- Chest CT
- Abdominal CT
- Pelvic CT
- CT scan – bones and joints
- Coronary CT angiography, stent examination, bypass angiography
- Coronary calcium scan
- CT angiography of thoracic vessels
- CT angiography of abdominal and retroperitoneal vessels
- CT angiography of lower limbs vessels
- CT angiography of brachiocephalic arteries
- CT urography – urinary system
MSCT is the method of choice for imaging patients with pulmonary and mediastinal lesions because it can reliably detect diseases at their early stages and differentiate various lesions. It combines fast data acquisition with high resolution, which makes CT angiography of thoracic vessels (aorta, pulmonary artery, pulmonary veins) as informative as possible. Contrast-enhanced MSCT with bolus tracking is used for high-level imaging of parenchymal abdominal organs and assessing the state of abdominal vessels (aorta and its visceral branches).
MSCT is the modality of choice for evaluating traumatic changes.
Advanced post processing capabilities allow the obtained data to be presented in the clearest and most informative way.
The software package Dual Energy and the advanced post-processing solution Syngo.Via make processing faster and provide better diagnostic quality of imaging.
The images can be recorded permanently on film or can be stored digitally for further study.