In 2015, more than 30 events with the participation of foreign experts were held at Almazov Federal Centre, among them:
- III International Congress “Hypertension — fromKorotkov to our days”, May 2015. The Congress was attended by experts from France, the USA, Germany, Finland. Co-organizers of the Congress were the European Society of Hypertension, the Russian Society of Cardiology and the “Anti hypertensive league”.
- Scientific Sessions “From translational research to innovation” dedicated to the 35th anniversary of Almazov Federal North-West Medical Research Centre. October 2015. This event united the experts from more than 180 countries.
- WHO/Europe International Conference on Cardiovascular Diseases in St.Petersburg. November 2015. 240 specialists in CVD prevention gathered together to focus on the problem.
- Polenov’s Readings. April 2015. 150 experts visited the conference.
- All-Russian conference with international participation «Chronic leukemias. Modern methods of diagnosis and treatment» which was attended by oncohematological from France, the USA and Finland.
- Lecture of Professor Eric Epailly from the Medical University of Strasbourg on the issues of heart-lung transplantation, practical aspects and clinical management of patients, conditioning methods of organs transportation. April 2015.
- Almazov Federal Centre's practical course «Translational Cardiology» was organized for 84 Spanish cardiologists and surgeons. April 2015.
- In the framework of the Minsk Days in St. Petersburg Almazov Federal Centre organized the roundtable in «Organ transplantation».
- Working visit of 30 surgeons from the UK with the aim of exchanging experience between specialists from different medical specialties.
In 2015, researchers and clinical experts of Almazov Federal North-West Medical Research Centre participated in 39 international events with lectures and poster presentations, were chairmen and moderators of scientific congresses and forums, conferences and symposiums. Among them there are the European Cardiology Congress (ESC Congress 2015) in London, the XXII World Congress of Neurology (WCN 2015) in Chile, the Congress of the European Association of Neurological Surgeons in Madrid, the Congress of the European Association of Cardiac Rhythm CARDIOSTIM EUROPACE 2015 in Milan, the Congress of the American College of Cardiology (ACC), San Diego (USA), the European Congress of Radiology in Vienna (the ECR-2015), the Congress of the European Society of Prevention and Rehabilitation EUROPREVENT 2015, Annual Conference of the International Society of Stem Cell Research (ISSCR 2015) in Stockholm, etc.