Almazov National Medical Research Centre collaborates with more than 35 institutions and leading clinics around the world that strengthens its qualities in healthcare organization as well as in research and educational areas due to intensive skills and knowledge exchange.
The most important international partners are:
- Karolinska Institute (Sweden): cooperative work in the project dedicated to metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction; specialists education in the field of oncohematology and cytogenetics; clinical specialists exchange in endovascular surgery and interventional cardiology profiles;
- University of Strasbourg (France): educational and scientific collaboration with the aim of further development of heart and lung transplantation, large-scale implementation of organ transplantation into healthcare practice;
- University of Oslo (Norway): joint research of epigenetic regulation of stem cells;
- University Hospital Zurich (Switzerland): multi-center registry for arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia (ARVC);
- Technical University of Dresden (Germany) clinical and experimental studies in pathophysiology of CVD
- Institute of Vegetative Physiology of the Charité University Clinic (Germany) cooperative research in the field of blood circulation system and neurosurgery pathology
- University of Verona (Italy) joint fundamental scientific research, in particular, molecular mechanisms of aortic pathologies and cardiovascular surgery
- University of Ferrara (Italy) joint fundamental scientific research, in particular, molecular mechanisms of aortic pathologies and CVD
- Liege University (Belgium) clinical research and methods for studying coma and other conditions of impaired consciousness
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (the Netherlands) study in epidemiology of CVD risk factors
- Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (Lithuania) research and educational collaboration in basic and clinical medicine
- Institute of biomedical engineering and technology of Zhejiang University (China) joint research in technologies based on infrared and terahertz scanners, mutual work in the competence of the scientific and educational medical cluster “Translational medicine”
- Tel-Aviv University (Israel) joint research in the field of endocrinological disorders, diabetes mellitus and preeclampsia
- Bar Ilan University (Israel) joint scientific research “Study of the diet effect on the microbiome of women with polycystic ovary syndrome”
- MD Anderson Cancer Centre (USA) research programs in the field of oncology; online modules for the cancer care organization; clinical and interdisciplinary research in the field of cancer prevention and therapy
- Broad Institute (USA) study in epidemiology of CVD risk factors
One of the key cooperation projects of the Almazov National Medical Research Center is with the iCMLf (International Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Foundation), Great Britain, within the framework of the Clinical Mentoring, Partnership and Support for Developing Regions program (ERSAP) in hematology and oncology; as well as with European LeukemiaNet supported by the European Union and bringing together doctors, researchers and patients to promote knowledge and joint research on leukemia.
The Almazov Centre is a member of ENEA—European Neuroendocrine Association. The Institute of Endocrinology has been cooperating with ENEA for many years, which resulted in a joint conference “Hyperprolactinaemia and other endocrine causes of impaired fertility” being planned in St. Petersburg on 7-9 September 2017.