Almazov Centre has achieved a broad international outreach, in particular through international cooperation in joint research, educational programs and clinical trials.
- Comprehensive integration of Almazov Centre into the global scientific and educational community
- Increasing international recognition and competitive edge of Almazov Centre globally
- Internationalization of research and educational programs
- Development of academic mobility for the leading specialists of Almazov Centre, PhD students and residents
- Development of medical tourism and strengthening the position in the medical services market
Major focus areas:
- Collaboration with various international organizations, medical and scientific societies and professional associations
- Cooperation in medical science, education and practical health care with the universities of CIS and distant foreign countries
- Participation in international large-scale multicentre trials in specific medical areas
- Participation in the management of international registries
- Export of educational services, technologies and new developments of Almazov Centre
- Engagement of world-class scientists to participate in research and educational projects and international events
Today, Almazov Centre collaborates with a number of universities and leading clinics around the world, including those offering educational exchange. It has memoranda of understanding with more than 45 foreign partners from more than 19 countries.
|Karolinska Institute (Sweden): joint projects in the areas of metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction; training in oncohematology and cytogenetics; exchange of clinical specialists in endovascular surgery and interventional cardiology.|
|University of Milan (Italy): joint research on CVD risk factors with a particular focus on dyslipidemia, nutrition, obesity, diabetes mellitus, angiogenesis and metabolic disorders.|
|University of Strasbourg (France): educational and research cooperation for further development of heart and lung transplantation, large-scale implementation of organ transplants into healthcare practice.|
|University of Oslo (Norway): joint research, training and conferences on experimental medicine and molecular biology, particularly in the area of epigenetic regulation of stem cells.|
|Institute of Vegetative Physiology of the Charité University Clinic (Germany): joint research in the areas of blood circulation system and neurosurgical conditions.|
|University of Ferrara, University of Verona (Italy): joint fundamental research, in particular on molecular mechanisms underlying aortic and myocardial diseases, cardiovascular surgery.|
|Liege University (Belgium): joint clinical research and development of methods for studying coma and other conditions of impaired consciousness.|
|Tel-Aviv University, Bar-Ilan University (Israel): joint research in the areas of endocrine disorders, diabetes mellitus and preeclampsia.|
|MD Anderson Cancer Centre (USA): planning and implementation of research programs in oncology; online training modules for cancer care providers; clinical and interdisciplinary research in cancer prevention and treatment.|
|Broad Institute (USA): research in the epidemiology of CVD risk factors.|
|University of Perugia|
Among the educational partners of Almazov Centre are the largest research and educational institutions of Finland: the University of Tampere and the Baltic Institute. Cooperation agreements with Finnish research institutions provide for the establishment and development of the system for innovations in medicine as well as the exchange of experience, trainings, workshops and joint educational programs.
In 2018, Almazov Centre was officially declared a WHO Collaborating Centre for CVDs, eHealth and value-based medicine based on the results of successful cooperation in the implementation of joint projects since 2015.
In 2019, the Centre started cooperation with the Shanghai Cooperation Organization in 5 major areas: medical tourism, science, education, IT in medicine and congress activities.
Every year, Almazov Centre holds and takes part in scientific and practical events with international attendance: workshops, seminars, conferences and symposia. In 2018, the Centre was a venue for more than 45 events with international participation. The specialists of Almazov Centre took part in 80 foreign congresses with presentations and posters.
One of the key cooperation projects of Almazov Centre is with the iCMLf (International Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Foundation), Great Britain, under the Emerging Regions Support and Partnership Program (ERSAP) as well as with the European LeukemiaNet supported by the European Union and bringing together doctors, researchers and patients to promote knowledge and joint research on leukemia.
Almazov Centre is a member of ENEA — European Neuroendocrine Association. The Institute of Endocrinology has been closely cooperating with ENEA for many years. The result of this cooperation was a joint conference Hyperprolactinemia and Other Endocrine Causes of Infertility in 2017.
Tel: +7 (812) 702 68 23