III International Congress “Hypertension — from Korotkov to our days” dedicated to the 110th anniversary of the opening of Korotkov auscultatory blood pressure method.
On 21–23 May 2015, the III International Congress “Hypertension — from Korotkov to our days” was held.
Inernational scientific committee honorary president of the congress
Minister of Healthcare of the Russian Federation Veronika Skvortsova
Co-chairmen of the congress
Evgeny Shlyakhto (Russia)
Alberto Zanchetti (Italy)
Main topics of the meeting:
- Blood pressure measurement
- Fundamental studies in the field of hypertension
- Molecular and genetic aspects of hypertension
- Experimental hypertension
- Epidemiology and prevention strategies, risk factors
- New approaches to the treatment of hypertension
- Hypertension and Diabetes, Metabolic syndrome
- Hypertension and Kidney
- Hypertension and Brain
- Hypertension and Pregnancy
- Pediatric hypertension
- Secondary Hypertension
- Resistant hypertension and new interventional treatments
In 2015 Russian Federation becomes a chairmen in BRICS and according to it round table for experts and officials of BRICS “Hypertension burden in BRICS countries — how to struggle against” was held.
On May 23, International school on epidemiology and prevention with lead Russian experts and invited leaders in the field of epidemiology from the Netherlands (Erasmus University) and Great Britain (Cambridge University). The questions of study design, data analysis, result presentation and publication in the international journals discussed. Young cardiologists could apply for grant support (additional information on www.scardio.ru)