The scientific activity of Federal North-West Medical Research Centre covers 6 institutions:
- Institute of Heart and Vessels
- Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Institute of Experimental Medicine
- Institute of Endocrinology
- Institute of Hematology
- Institute of Perinatology and Pediatrics
and 5 independent divisions:
- Neurology Research Department
- Research Department of Clinical trials and Evidence-based Medicine
- Roentgen Dagnostics Research Department
- Laboratory of Medical care Organization
- Laboratory of Pathomorphology
The Institutes comprise more than 50 research departments, laboratories, sectors and groups, scientific research staff of 517 people, clinic staff — about 4,000 people — doctors, nurses and support staff, the Centre has 2 Academicians, 59 PhD and 129 masters of sciences.
The new direction of the Centre activity is the research in the field of translational medicine.
Since 2012 Federal Centre performs 43 research topics in the course of Priority national scientific research project.