In 2015, Scientific and Educational Medical Cluster “Translational Medicine” with participation of research institutions, universities and industrial companies was established to focus on the research component in order to create innovative health human resource capacity.
The purpose of the Cluster:
Scientific and Educational Medical Cluster is created to form a base for the innovative development of medical science and health, advanced scientific and technological development, training and implementation in practice of public health scientific research, a full translational cycle of research and development activities including the products establishment and industrial equipment models in priority areas of science and technology.
- Innovative health workforce, staff training for institutions of science and education, as well as for health care centres providing high-tech medical care.
- Basic and applied research on the basis of the unique equipment to support innovative development and modernization of public health.
- Innovation cycle of research and development activities, including prototype creation.
- Innovative approaches to management of scientific institutions and organization of scientific and educational processes in the cluster system, information technology research planning and implementation.
- Coordination of international activities in the field of health sciences and modernization of the Russian Federation economy.
- Reducing the time of development, implementation and production of the most popular innovative health products by creating attractive environment for scientific ideas realization and promoting potentially necessary research and development activities in the medical market.
- Pre-clinical and clinical trials of medical devices samples on the basis of institutions within the cluster, as well as through organization of multi-center clinical trials units.
- Patent and license maintenance and protection of intellectual property rights of innovative technologies developers; full cycle of copyright registration to obtain international patents;
- Funding and incubation of small innovative companies (startups);
- Fundraising for innovative projects.
Scientific and technical committees of the Cluster
- Instrument engineering and simulation analysis
- IT in medicine and biology
- Innovative drugs and biotechnologies
- Molecular and cell biology, personalized and regenerative medicine
- Economics and management in healthcare
- Medico-technical, medico-biological and medical education
- Rehabilitation and recovery medicine
Fields of expertise of the medical scientific and educational cluster:
Activities of the scientific and educational cluster will cover the following areas:
Medicine and healthcare
Instrumentation and electronics
Production of novel materials
The scientific and educational cluster is aimed at creating the following critical technologies:
- Biocatalysts, biosynthetic and biosensor technologies
- Biomedical, biopharmaceutical and veterinary technologies
- Genome, proteome and postgenome technologies
- Cell technologies
- Nano- , bio- , informational, cognitive technologies
- Bioengineering technologies
- Technologies of development and processing structural nanomaterials (in the field of creating technologies and materials for biomedicine)
- Technologies of development and processing functional nanomaterials (in the field of creating technologies and materials for biomedicine)
- Technologies and software of distributed and high-performance computing systems (in the field of creating devices and equipment for diagnosis and treatment)
- Technologies of loss reduction from socially important diseases
- Technologies of developing electronic component base and energy efficient lighting (in the field of creating devices and equipment for diagnosis and treatment)
As results of activities of the Cluster participants the following high-tech medical products will be created:
|New pathogenetically valid molecular, cell and tissue targets of socially important diseases for diagnosis and treatment.|
|Bio-inspired composite and hybrid medical materials.|
|Medical goods for diagnosis and treatment.|
|New technologies of diagnosis and treatment.|
|New joint educational programmes for higher and post-graduate study.|
|Electronic educational resources (online courses, simulators, etc.) for joint educational programmes.|
- Prognostic and analytical work, including foresight, strategic planning of biomedical and pharmaceutical research, creating and implementation of roadmap timelines, including work based on new information technologies, project expertise at different levels, consulting for public institutions in areas of the Cluster expertise.
- Organization and carrying out scientific research (R&D)
- Educational activities, practice-oriented educational programs for science and business, personnel training and professional development, support of talented young specialists.
- Information activities: data distribution in media in areas of the Cluster expertise, information support of the events, communications with Russian and European clusters as well as with related structures, holding conferences, meetings, seminars, schools, etc.
- European clusters as well as with related structures, holding conferences, meetings, seminars, schools, etc.
- Organizational and financial activities, fundraising.
- Ensuring sustainable development of the Scientific and Educational Medical Cluster.