On December 5, Almazov Centre held a Workshop on modern approaches to the prevention of infectious diseases in obstetrics and gynecology and possibilities of phage therapy.
The Workshop covered the following topics:
- Diagnosis, treatment and prevention of infectious diseases in women at different age in terms of an interdisciplinary approach
- Limited prospects for the development of antibiotic prophylaxis due to increased antibiotic resistance
- Alternative treatments for infectious diseases (bacteriophage therapy)
- Possibilities of preventing the complications associated with urogenital infections, forming a meaningful attitude to the microecology of vaginal biotope at all stages of a woman’s development to foster a knowledge of personal and sexual hygiene in patients as the basis for the prevention of genital infections
- Issues of vitamin D deficiency
Attendees were provided a step-by-step discussion of the local protocols of Almazov Centre based on the world clinical guidelines and reviewed by the leading healthcare facilities of Russia.
The Workshop brought together interested specialists – OB/GYNs, neonatologists, pediatricians, dermatology and venereology doctors, infectious disease specialists as well as young scientists.