We are delighted to invite you to attend the International Scientific and Practical Conference on Pharmacogenomics in Oncopediatrics to be held on April 5, 2024.
The event will be held as part of the programme of the WCRC for Personalized Medicine with support from the Russian Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
The conference will focus on the role of pharmacogenomics in improving the efficacy of anti-tumor therapies and in predicting and preventing drug-associated toxicity in patients with cancer and pediatric hematological malignancies.
Experts will devote their attention to the most important and unresolved issues of modern diagnostic modalities, the possibilities of molecular genetic testing in routine clinical practice, and the timing and indications for the above diagnostics. They will discuss targeted therapy as an option for personalized cancer treatment, and the prospects of creating a genetic portrait of the patient as a basis for rational pharmacotherapy. Modern chemotherapy perspectives, supportive treatments and complex clinical cases will be presented.
Pediatric oncologists, specialists in molecular genetic testing, geneticists, clinical pharmacologists, hematologists, endocrinologists, cardiologists and pediatricians are invited to attend.
- Topical issues of personalized medicine in pediatric oncology
- Modern possibilities of molecular genetic testing in oncopediatrics
- Genetic profile of a patient before starting a specific therapy
- Molecular targeted therapy in pediatric oncology
- Issues of off-label use in children for vital indications
- Practical implications of genetic polymorphisms influencing the course of cancer treatment
- Prediction, protection and management of drug-induced toxicity
- Early and late toxicity of anti-tumor treatment in children
- Aspects of chemotherapy intolerance and how to manage it
- Current approaches to supportive treatment in pediatric oncology
Conference and Communications Department
Venue: Almazov National Medical Research Centre, 2 Akkuratova street, Saint Petersburg.