Scientific life in 2012
Federal Almazov Medical Research Centre (former Federal Almazov Centre of Heart, Blood and Endocrinology) unites six institutes — Institute of Heart and Vessels, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Institute of Experimental Medicine , Institute of Endocrinology , Institute of Hematology, and Institute of Perinatology and pediatrics — including more than 50 research departments, laboratories , sectors and groups; scientific research staff is 517 people, clinic staff of about 4,000 people — doctors, nurses and support staff; in Federal Almazov Centre there are 2 academicians, 59 doctors and 129 candidates of medical sciences.
The Centre created known in Russia and abroad scientific school which is characterized by a multidisciplinary approach to solve urgent scientific and practical problems of modern medicine on the basis of “breakthrough” technology of fundamental importance to ensure the high-tech scientific medical care delivery. The new direction of the Centre’s activity is the research in the field of translational medicine. Since 2012 within the State Task of scientific research Federal Almazov Centre performs 43 research topics.
Received awards and prizes:
- Order of Honor “for labor achievements and many years of diligent work”, August 29, 2012.
- Academician Obraztsova silver medal “For contribution to the Russian enlightenment”, May 23, 2012.
- Evgeniy Shlyakhto election as an honorary member of the American College of Cardiology the board (FACC),March 26, 2012.
- Diploma and Medal of Honor lecturer from Pavlov State Medical University,April 26, 2012.
- Certificate of Felicitation for his phenomenal and worthy oral presentation for «International Conference on Translational Medicine», Holiday Inn San Antonio, Texas, USA, September 19, 2012.
- Diploma of the Health Committee of the Government of St. Petersburg for many years of hard work to provide medical assistance to the population of St. Petersburg and in the occasion of the Day of Medical Workers, June 16, 2012.
- Medal “For merits in the development of the Olympic movement”.
- First Prize at the Congress “Kardiostim 2012”, February 18, 2012.
- Diploma of the grants winner of St. Petersburg for students, young scientists, young PhD 2012 on “Topical diagnosis of polymorphic ventricular arrhythmias using noninvasive computing heart mapping”, October 30, 2012.
- Diploma for the best paper “New opportunities in topical diagnosis RFA ventricular tachyarrhythmia”, Kardiostim 2012, St. Petersburg, February 18, 2012.
- Diploma “For the best presentation” at the IV annual conference council of young scientists and specialists of Federal Almazov Medical Research Centre, St. Petersburg, March 23, 2012.
- Diploma of the participant of young scientists in cardiology for scientific work “Treatment with anxiolytic drugs in patients with ventricular arrhythmias and Noncoronary increased level of anxiety” at the XIX Russian National Congress “Man and medicine” Moscow, April 27, 2012.
- 2nd place in the competition of young scientists of Heart Failure Society “Heart failure 2012”, Moscow, December 7, 2012.
- Scholarship of the President of the Russian Federation for young scientists and graduate students engaged in advanced research and development of priority modernization areas of the Russian economy. Scholarship Contest — 2012.
- 1st place in the category “Best poster presentation” on the IV Annual scientific conference of young scientists and specialists of Federal Almazov Centre, March 23, 2012.
Further development of Federal Almazov Centre involves improving of modern interdisciplinary clinical, research, educational, experimental and pilot facilities aimed at integration and concentration of intellectual and material resources to achieve the goals set in the demographic policy of the Russian Federation for the period till 2025, approved by the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No 1351 from 09.10.2007 — to increase fertility, reduce mortality from diseases of cardiovascular system increasing the availability of high-tech medical care, development of restorative treatment and rehabilitation, quality of life of Russian citizens.