On May 26-28 the All-Russian Conference with International Participation «Team Approach in Endocrinology» was held in Almazov Centre. Within the conference 2 plenary sessions, 21 scientific sections, 12 symposia, 2 poster sessions including 23 presentations took place. The School of Young Scientists was also organized.
Leading Russian and foreign experts from Sweden, Austria, Serbia, Belgium, Poland and other countries presented their work results and findings. Conference gathered more than 600 participants from Saint-petersburg and other Russian regions.
Hot topics of the modern endocrinology were discussed on the scientific sessions, symposia and seminars.
Following topics were presented and discussed:
- Metabolic syndrome – multidisciplinary problem. Current approaches in correction of obesity, cardiovascular and diabetes risk factors.
- Liver as the main organ for intervention. Role of bariatric surgery in treatment diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular prevention.
- Standard and non-invasive innovative methods of blood sugar control.
- Acute and chronic complications of diabetes mellitus – team approach in treatment and prevention.
- Vitamin D deficiency in children and adults. Classical and non-classical effects of vitamin D deficiency.
- Selected questions of gynecological endocrinology, endocrine disease and pregnancy.
- Multidisciplinary approach in diagnostics and treatment of pituitary, adrenal and thyroid glands diseases.
- Perinatal programming of obesity and other metabolic diseases.
- Collective approach in helping patients with sexual differentiation malfunction and disorders of sex development.
More than 75 abstracts were submitted and printed in the conference digest. Winners and awardees of the School of Young Scientists and poster sessions were granted with diplomas and prizes.
All-Russian Conference with International Participation «Team Approach in Endocrinology» was accredited in the system of continuing medical education of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.