The Almazov National Medical Research Centre, Association of Endocrinologists of Saint-Petersburg and ITMO University became the conference organizers.
The Conference topics involved such questions as:
- Current view on treatment of diabetes mellitus and its complications
- The role of the new antidiabetic drugs in diabetes mellitus therapy
- Innovations in treatment of obesity and metabolic syndrome
- Current approach to treatment of pituitary gland disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of osteoporosis. Effects of vitamin D
- Current perspectives in diagnostics and treatment of thyroid and parathyroid glands disorders
- Hot issues of diagnostics and treatment of adrenal glands disorders
- Reproductive disorders: diagnostics and treatment
- Endocrine diseases and pregnancy
- New methods of glycemia control
The intensive program included 12 international symposia, in which specialists from Spain, France, Finland, Luxembourg, Poland, and Israel took part as well as a training course for young scientists “Selected issues of endocrinology” supported by the Russian Science Foundation.
Diagnostics and treatment of endocrine diseases in pregnant patients from the perspective of the latest scientific research were thoroughly discussed; much attention was paid to gestational diabetes mellitus and the new scientific directions such as epigenetics and the study of microbioma.
Educational seminars “Topical issues in obesity treatment”, “Modern strategies in neuroendocrine diseases therapy”, “New methods of glycemic control” were organized for endocrinologists.
Within the conference, new approaches to therapy optimization based on the principles of value-based medicine were covered. This extremely important issue was widely discussed from the standpoint of sociology, psychology, pharmacoeconomics and provided a fresh look at the problem of therapy choice.