On June 27, 2017 in the Almazov Centre two bilateral agreements to facilitate the implementation of the project “Improvement of Medical Care for Patients with Chronic Heart Failure” were signed: between the Health Committee of St. Petersburg and Novartis Pharma LLC, and between the Federal Almazov Centre and Novartis Pharma Company.
Valery Kolabutin, Chairman of the Health Committee of St.Petersburg, Evgeny Shlyakhto, Director General of the Federal Almazov North-West Medical Research Centre, and Vadim Vlasov, President of the Novartis Group, Russia took part in the signing ceremony.
Both agreements are aimed at establishing interaction between the parties to improve organization of medical care for St. Petersburg population in accordance with the current legislation regulating public health in the Russian Federation; establishing strategic partnership and long-term and effective cooperation in the field of healthcare; introduction of advanced organizational, medical and research experience in the practice of healthcare institutions of St. Petersburg.
The main areas of cooperation are:
- Improvement of medical care system for patients with chronic heart failure.
- Development and implementation into clinical practice of advanced approaches to management of chronic heart failure patients including clinical pathways methodology
- Development and implementation of non-stop system of data collection on chronic heart failure patients
- Organization of joint educational programmes for medical personnel and patient communities
- Implementation of innovative cardiovascular technologies into clinical practice aiming at reduction of the disease burden and mortality rate in the population.
The key priority in the cooperation within the Agreement is development of value-based approach in healthcare to achieve significant decrease in mortality and re-hospitalization rates for chronic heart failure patients.