On November 22, Almazov Centre hosted the 3rd Interdisciplinary Conference Orphan Diseases: Diagnostics, Treatment, Rehabilitation.
The conference was aimed at highlighting the topical issues of treatment and rehabilitation for orphan diseases in children, diagnostic features and clinical manifestations.
The conference covered the following topics:
- Current understanding of orphan diseases. The list of orphan diseases in Russia, approved by the Russian Ministry of Health
- Early diagnosis of orphan diseases in children
- Availability of medical care and drug provision for patients with orphan diseases
- Genetic aspects of working with families of patients with rare diseases
- Possibilities of habilitation and rehabilitation in orphan diseases
- Telemedicine centres for consultation, diagnosis and treatment of regional patients with rare diseases
- Successive and multidisciplinary management of patients with rare diseases
- Metabolic diseases with lipid status disorders
- Autoimmune and hereditary rare diseases
- Role of patient organizations in caring for orphan patients
- Clinical cases: difficulty of diagnostic decision-making
The scientific programme of the conference included lectures, plenary sessions, scientific symposia and interactive discussions. An exhibition of medical equipment and medicines was held.