Priority research areas
- Investigating the molecular and genetic mechanisms of cardiovascular, blood, endocrine and rheumatic diseases; developing the methods for predicting their occurrence in healthy people; determining the personalized approaches for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular, blood, rheumatic and endocrine diseases based on genetic maps; developing new cell therapy technologies and implementing nanotechnologies in the treatment of cardiovascular and other diseases.
- Creating and implementing high-tech cardiac and surgical care system; developing new methods for the surgical treatment of congenital and acquired heart defects, including in newborns and infants, surgical revascularization in coronary heart disease, new high-tech diagnostic methods, surgical and conservative treatment of cardiac rhythm and conduction disorders; new transfusion therapy methods; improving the cardiovascular surgery techniques based on the use of robotic manipulators, minimally invasive and hybrid techniques.
- Enhancing the high-tech medical care based on science-based standards and an optimal preoperative examination schedule designed to identify the additional risk factors and improve patient preparation for different cardiac surgeries; improving myocardial protection during cardiac surgeries with extracorporeal circulation and off-pump surgeries by ischemic and pharmacological preconditioning, myocardial ischemic postconditioning, preventing peri- and postoperative complications by reducing the ischemia-reperfusion injury.
- Developing and implementing the system of medical care for patients with arterial hypertension, metabolic syndrome, and diabetes mellitus; new methods of organized and opportunistic screening; establishing the network of pre-hospital and preventive care services; introducing the advanced information and telemedicine technologies into the screening and epidemiological population-based studies; investigating the causes and new treatments for arterial hypertension, blood and endocrine diseases.
- Improving the scientific framework for the management of high-tech specialized care provided at the Centre; establishing information systems for healthcare quality management based on advanced information and telemedicine technologies; developing the system for the continuous distance education using telemedicine technologies and individualized online learning.
- Developing and implementing new medical technologies in perinatology aimed at providing high-tech medical care to women suffering from cardiovascular disorders during pregnancy and delivery, prenatal diagnosis and management of congenital cardiovascular abnormalities with subsequent surgical repair of heart defects in newborns.