Laboratory of Spine and Peripheral Nerve Surgery
Head of Laboratory
The Research Laboratory of Spine and Peripheral Nerve Surgery was established in 2017 at the Department of Peripheral Nerve Surgery organized by A.G. Molotkov in 1926 and the Department of CNS Trauma Surgery.
Promising areas for spine and spinal cord surgery
- Development of a differentiated tactics for surgical treatment of patients with complicated forms of degenerative spinal disorders.
- New technologies for surgical treatment of instability in the spinal motion segment, by developing implants together with Russian manufacturers.
- Improvement of surgical treatment results in patients with thoracic and lumbar spine injuries and disorders.
- Optimization of repeated surgical treatment for failed back surgery syndrome through the differentiated use of various surgical methods and study of the surgical use of materials to prevent cicatricial changes.
- Development and implementation of puncture methods for the surgical treatment of spinal diseases (laser thermoplasty; cold plasma nucleoplasty).
- Development and implementation of endoscopic surgery for degenerative disc disease in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine and spinal cord.
- Improvement of new surgical technologies for various parts of the spine and spinal cord.
- Development and introduction into practice of the radiofrequency facet nerve denervation method.
Promising areas for peripheral nerve surgery
- Further development of a system for intraoperative diagnosis of PNS disorders and injuries.
- Development of new methods for surgical reconstruction of nerve trunks (by autoplasty, reinnervation) in case of extensive injuries.
- Simultaneous reconstruction of nerve trunks and main arteries of the extremities in combined injuries of the nerves and vessels.
- Development of methods for surgical treatment of peripheral nerve tumors and prevention of their recurrence.
- Orthopedic surgery for irreparable damage to the nerve trunks.
- Neuromuscular stimulation issues (uncertified devices, power supply problem with implanted devices).
- Diagnosis and surgical treatment of regional pain syndrome.
- Endoscopic decompression and neurolysis in compression-ischemic neuropathy
- Development of new surgical treatment methods and procedures for tunnel syndromes and PNS disorders and injuries.
- Development of diagnostic protocols for PNS disorders and injuries depending on the nosological category.
- Personalized approach to the choice of surgical treatment depending on the nosological category.