Director of the Institute,
Chief Researcher of Non-Coronary Heart Disease Research Department
The Heart and Vessels Institute conducts basic and applied research aimed at developing effective methods for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of CVDs. Guided by the principles of value-based medicine, the specialists of the Institute provide scientific and methodological guidance for specialized and high-tech medical care and contribute to the training for research and medical personnel within the system of postgraduate education.
In 2017, the researchers of the Institute published 97 articles with the overall impact factor of 101.438 and presented their work at numerous national and international forums and conferences.
The main focus areas of the Institute are:
- Studying the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis and the risk factors associated with atherosclerotic vascular disease; creating the new methods and improving the existing approaches for drug, endovascular and surgical treatment in patients with coronary, cerebral and peripheral artery diseases.
- Conducting epidemiological research, studying the pathogenesis and risk factors of systemic hypertension, developing new methods for the prediction, diagnosis and treatment of hypertension and its complications.
- Studying the molecular and genetic basis of CVDs, developing the methods for CVD risk prediction in healthy individuals and the personalized approaches to the prevention and treatment of CVDs based on genetic mapping; creating and implementing the advanced cell therapy technologies to treat CVDs.
- Conducting translational molecular, genetic and epigenetic research in non-coronary heart diseases to develop the new methods for early detection, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Developing the new methods for surgical treatment of congenital and acquired heart defects in adults and children, including in newborns and infants; creating the methods for cardiac and cerebral protection against ischemia-reperfusion injury; developing new and improving the existing rehabilitation programs for patients after cardiac surgery.
- Studying the molecular, genetic and electrophysiological mechanisms underlying cardiac arrhythmias; creating new and improving the existing diagnostic and treatment approaches.
- Enhancing the high-tech care management, creating the information support systems for the medical and preventive care quality management using information and telemedicine technologies.
The Institute comprises the following departments and laboratories:
- Preventive Cardiology Research Laboratory
- Research Department for Cardiovascular Physiology
— Сardiac Electrophysiology Research Laboratory
— Ultrasound Research Laboratory
— Cardiorespiratory Testing Research Laboratory
— Sports Medicine Group
- Heart Failure Research Department
- CHD Research Department
- Arterial Hypertension Research Department
— Research Laboratory for AH Pathogenesis and Treatment
— Somnology Group
- NCDs Epidemiology Research Laboratory
- Non-Coronary Heart Disease Research Department
— Cardiomyopathy Research Laboratory
— Connective Tissue Dysplasia Research Laboratory
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Research Department
— Research Laboratory of Surgery for CHD and Defects
— Thoracic Surgery Research Laboratory
- Research Laboratory for Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Arrhythmology Research Department
— Interventional Arrhythmology Research Laboratory
— Neuromodulation Research Laboratory
— Clinical Arrhythmology Research Laboratory
— Pediatric Arrhythmology Research Laboratory
- Vascular and Interventional Surgery Research Department
— Interventional Surgery Research Laboratory
— Vascular and Hybrid Surgery Research Laboratory
- Rehabilitation Research Laboratory
- Clinical Angiology Research Laboratory
- ACS Research Laboratory
- Cardioangiology Research Department
- Research Department for Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Perfusiology