Head of Department, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences
The Research Department of Arterial Hypertension was established in 2001 based on the Research Institute of Cardiology named after Professor Vladimir Almazov (Almazov National Medical Research Centre).
Major research areas
— Pathogenesis and treatment of arterial hypertension, secondary arterial hypertension and cardiovascular complications
— Sleep disorders and their relationship with cardiovascular, neurological and endocrine diseases, as well as their effect on the prognosis in various conditions
Search for mechanisms of accelerated aging of the vascular wall and targets for its deceleration” (completion period: 2018—2020, supervised by A.O. Konradi).
Determining protective factors will allow for the improvement of life expectancy and quality of life in the older age group of the Russian population and help maintain the health of the younger age group. The protective/risk factors identified as a result of the project will be used in mathematical modeling and in creating a risk prediction model for the Russian population. The study of the relationship between genetic and epigenetic changes with behavioral and psychological factors will help better understand the mechanisms underlying cardiovascular complications and their prevention, including in subsequent generations. Primary prevention in high-risk groups identified for complications will allow for the introduction of personalized approaches to prevention and cost reduction.
- Research on the development of methods and algorithms for the recognition of non-stationary bioradiolocation signal patterns for non-contact screening of sleep breathing disorders (2012—2013)
- Theoretical and experimental substantiation of a complex of algorithms for spectral analysis of heart rate variability for short ECG recordings (2013, supervised by Yu. Sviryaev)
- Prognostic significance of sleep apnea syndrome in the development of carbohydrate metabolism disorders (2013, supervised by L. Korostovtseva)
- Development of an algorithm for determining the sleep macrostructure based on the variability of cardiorespiratory parameters, 2 years (2014—2015)
- Development of a portable system for multifunctional assessment of the state of the cardiovascular system based on the characteristics of the sleep-wake cycle (2015—2016, supervised by L. Korostovtseva)
- Study on the possibility of creating a multichannel software and hardware system for remote non-contact monitoring of physiological parameters of small laboratory animals in sleep (2015—2017)
- Development of algorithms for the non-contact evaluation of sleep parameters in humans based on bioradiolocation monitoring (2015—2018)
- Non-contact evaluation of breathing parameters in humans based on bioradiolocation monitoring (2015—2018)
- Swiss National Foundation, Swiss-Russian Medical Scientific Symposium “Sleep disorders and the heart: Time for a joint effort”, October 26-28, 2016 (University Hospital of Bern, Switzerland).
- Diagnosis of sleep-disordered breathing and the use of biomarkers to optimize the prognosis and treatment of patients with chronic heart failure (2017, supervised by E. Medvedeva)
- Predictive modeling using big data analysis based on a value-based approach in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease (supervised by A. Konradi)
- Development of personalized approaches to the treatment of arterial hypertension, taking into account molecular genetic and cytokine markers, neurogenic effects, organ damage and metabolic disorders (supervised by A. Konradi)
- Bioradar for medical applications (2018—2020)
- Structural and functional brain changes in chronic insomnia and their relationship with molecular markers of the nervous system function and risk factors for cardiovascular disease (2018—2019, supervised by L. Korostovtseva)
- Methods for analyzing unstructured big data to develop a system for assessing the prognosis for the recovery of integrative brain function and create treatment methods in conditions of impaired consciousness – a combination of loss and new pathological integration of the body (supervised by E. Kondratyeva, 2019—2021)
- Neurophysiological mechanisms of high sleep reactivity to stress in chronic insomnia (2020—2022, supervised by Yu. Sviryaev
- The International Ambulatory Blood Pressure Registry: Telemonitoring of Hypertension and Cardiovascular Risk Project (ARTEMIS), Project Coordinator – Professor Gianfranco Parati.
- Global SYMPLICITY Registry — International Registry of 3-5-year prospective study of patients selected for sympathetic renal denervation.
- MASTER STUDY – MASked-unconTrolled hypERtension management.
- VASOTENS Registy – Vascular Health Assessment of The Hypertensive Patients.
- PRECISION trial to assess the efficacy and safety of Aprocitentan in patients diagnosed with resistant arterial hypertension.
- ESH-SHOT trial – optimal blood pressure levels in patients after stroke/TIA.
Participation in national and international societies and projects
Arterial Hypertension Research Department took part in the development and has been involved in case follow-up of the ESSE-RF study (Cardiovascular Epidemiology in Russian Federation).
Active collaboration and membership: the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and the International Society of Hypertension (ISH).
European Sleep Research Society, Assembly of National Sleep Societies.
Every year, the specialists of the Department deliver presentations at the largest European congresses.
The specialists of the Department created the Competence Centre for Resistant Arterial Hypertension where patients with renovascular arterial hypertension and hormone-producing adrenal tumors are screened for surgery.
The specialists of the Laboratory see patients at the Diagnostic Centre and provide consultations to inpatients undergoing treatment at Almazov Centre.
Kruger, Ruan; Brunström, Mattias; Burger, Dylan; Charchar, Fadi; Climie, Rachel; Mirabito Colafella, Katrina M.; Kempny, Pablo; Korostovtseva, Lyudmila; Marques, Francine Z.; Picone, Dean; Romero, Cesar Steckelings, Ulrike M.; Velkoska, Elena; Wainford, Richard; Wynne, Brandi M.; Zanuzzi, Matias G. Highlights from the International Society of Hypertension's New Investigators Network during 2019. Journal of Hypertension: February 07, 2020 — Publish Ahead of Print — Issue -doi: 10.1097/HJH.0000000000002365. IF 4,092.
Seiler A, Camilo M, Korostovtseva L, Haynes AG, Brill AK, Horvath T, Egger M, Bassetti CL. Prevalence of sleep-disordered breathing after stroke and TIA: A meta-analysis. Neurology. 2019 Feb 12;92 (7):e648-e654. IF 8,770.
Бочкарев М.В., Коростовцева Л.С., Фильченко И.А., Ротарь О.П., Свиряев Ю.В., Жернакова Ю.В., Шальнова С.А., Конради А.О., Бойцов С.А., Чазова И.Е., Шляхто Е.В. Нарушения сна и инсульт: данные исследования ЭССЕ-РФ. Журнал неврологии и психиатрии им. С.С. Корсакова. Спецвыпуски. 2019; 119 (4). 73-80. IF 0,777.
C Randler, SN Kolomeichuk, AV Morozov, DA Petrashova, VV Pozharskaya, AA Martynova, LS Korostovtseva, MV Bochkarev, YV Sviryaev, MG Polouektov, C Drake. Psychometric properties of the Russian version of the Pediatric Daytime Sleepiness Scale (PDSS). Heliyon. 2019. 5 (7). e02134. IF 1,650.
Bhatt DL, Steg PG, Miller M, Brinton EA, Jacobson TA, Ketchum SB, Doyle RT Jr, Juliano RA, Jiao L, Granowitz C, Tardif JC, Ballantyne CM; Konradi AO, Rotar OP REDUCE-IT Investigators. Cardiovascular Risk Reduction with Icosapent Ethyl for Hypertriglyceridemia. N Engl J Med. 2019;380 (1):11-22. IF 70,67.
Mironova, S.; Iudina, I.; Ionov, M.; Emelyanov, I.; Avdonina, N.; Zverev, D.; Zvartau, N.; Konradi, A. Impact Of Aggressive Blood Pressure Reduction On Kidney Function After Renal Denervation Long-Term Outcomes. July 2019. Journal of Hypertension 37:e285 DOI: 10.1097/01.hjh.0000573636.86335.22
Igor Emelyanov, Senior Researcher