Head of Department,
Professor of Surgical Diseases Chair, Professor of RAS
The Research Department comprises:
- Interventional Arrhythmology Research Laboratory
- Clinical Arrhythmology Research Laboratory
- Neuromodulation Research Laboratory
Fundamental research on the topic: «The study of the molecular, genetic and electrophysiological mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmias and the search for new treatment approaches»:
- Identifying the genetic and pathophysiological determinants for the development of cardiomyopathies of various origin and congenital arrhythmias (jointly with the Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics and Pathology Unit).
- Genetic variants associated with sudden death syndrome, including those with long and short QT interval syndromes, hypertrophic and dilated cardiomyopathies, arrhythmogenic dysplasia, non-compact myocardium (jointly with the Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics and Pathology Unit).
- Pathomorphological basis of atrial and ventricular tachyarrhythmias by histological and immunohistochemical analysis of endomyocardial biopsy specimens (jointly with Pathology Unit and Non-Coronary Heart Disease Research Department).
- Electromechanical coupling of the hibernating myocardium in post-infarction patients through 3D electromechanical mapping.
- Electrophysiological properties of the cardiac conduction system in chronic ischemia, conduction and endocrine disorders.
- Electrophysiological mechanisms and predictors for the development of postoperative incisional tachyarrhythmias.
- Electrophysiological mechanisms of unstable, polymorphic and unmappable tachyarrhythmias in the 3D model of multi-electrode non-contact mapping and surface mapping (jointly with the Research Department for Circulatory Physiology).
Applied research on topics:
- Improving the interventional and surgical methods for treating atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia and heart failure in adults and children.
- Studying the pathogenesis of cardiac arrhythmias in adults and children.
- Optimizing the use of implantable devices for the diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias
- Radio-frequency catheter ablation, including with 3D navigation mapping and robotic navigation
- Balloon and catheter cryoablation
- Pacemaker implantation
- Implantation of cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs)
- Implantation of cardiac resynchronization devices (CRT)
- Loop recorder implantation
- Endomyocardial biopsy (EMB)
- Programming of implantable devices