The Research Department of Pulmonary Circulation Disorders was established in October 2019 at the Preclinical Translational Research Centre of the Institute of Experimental Medicine.
Major research areas
- Studying the causes of formation, development and outcome of pulmonary circulation and right ventricle disorders
- New approaches and pharmacological substances for the treatment of pulmonary circulation disorders
- Studying the regenerative process and cell therapy mechanisms in various tissues and organs
Main ongoing projects
- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH). Studying the formation mechanisms and management approaches to the fibrous remodeling of the pulmonary circulation
- Studying the influence of mesenchymal stem cells on myocardial remodeling after ischemic injury during intramyocardial transplantation
- Studying the effectiveness of composite material based on hydroxyapatite and the lactide and glycolide copolymer on a new experimental model of a normotrophic false joint.
- Bayer AG
- Saint Petersburg State Chemical-Pharmaceutical University
- Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University