Research Department of Pulmonary Circulation Disorders
The Research Department of Pulmonary Circulation Disorders was established in October 2019 at the Preclinical Translational Research Centre of the Institute of Experimental Medicine.
Major research areas
- Studying the causes of formation, development and outcome of pulmonary circulation and right ventricle disorders
- New approaches and pharmacological substances for the treatment of pulmonary circulation disorders
- Studying the regenerative process and cell therapy mechanisms in various tissues and organs
Main ongoing projects
- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH). Studying the formation mechanisms and management approaches to the fibrous remodeling of the pulmonary circulation
- Studying the influence of mesenchymal stem cells on myocardial remodeling after ischemic injury during intramyocardial transplantation
- Studying the effectiveness of composite material based on hydroxyapatite and the lactide and glycolide copolymer on a new experimental model of a normotrophic false joint.
- Bayer AG
- Saint Petersburg State Chemical-Pharmaceutical University
- Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University