Director of the Institute of Perinatology and Pediatrics
Along with specialized medical care for adults, the Almazov Centre provides care for children with congenital cardiovascular disorders. In recent years, the number of reproductive-age women with cardiovascular and endocrine disorders has significantly increased, and the indications for pregnancy preservation have been broadened to include those patients who had prior surgery for heart defects.
The Institute of Perinatology and Pediatrics comprises a Center for Endocrine Gynecology.
Main objectives of the Institute:
- Developing new management approaches for women with medical conditions from the planning stage through delivery.
- Creating standardized methods for women with cardiovascular, hematologic and endocrine disorders throughout three gestational trimesters, the selection of delivery method, staged postpartum management together with relevant experts.
- Improving and implementing the methods for the care of newborns with low and extremely low birth weight.
- Providing treatment for children with congenital and hereditary diseases in the first minutes of life, including surgical repair of birth defects.
The Institute comprises:
- Research Laboratory of Reproduction and Women's Health
- Research Laboratory of Operative Gynecology
- Research Laboratory for Physiology and Diseases in Pregnancy and Delivery
- Research Laboratory of Reproductive Technologies
- Research Laboratory for Diagnosis and Treatment of Pediatric Diseases
- Research Laboratory for Physiology and Diseases of Newborns
- Research Laboratory for Surgery of Congenital and Hereditary Diseases
- Research Group of Functional and Radiological Methods in Perinatology
- Research Group of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery