Director of the Institute, Pediatrician
The Institute was established to provide care for children with congenital cardiovascular disorders and reproductive-age pregnant women with cardiovascular and endocrine disorders, including those with prior surgery for heart defects.
- Developing new approaches to the management of female patients with medical conditions from the planning stage through delivery.
- Creating standardized methods for women with cardiovascular, hematological and endocrine disorders throughout three gestational trimesters, the selection of delivery method, staged postpartum management together with relevant experts.
- Improving and implementing the methods for the care of newborns with low and extremely low birth weight, providing treatment for children with congenital and hereditary diseases in the first minutes of life, including surgical repair of birth defects.
- Research Laboratory of Reproduction and Women's Health
- Research Laboratory of Operative Gynecology
- Research Laboratory for Physiology and Complications in Pregnancy and Delivery
- Research Laboratory of Reproductive Technologies
- Research Laboratory for Diagnosis and Treatment of Pediatric Diseases
- Research Laboratory for Physiology and Diseases of Newborns
- Research Laboratory for Surgery of Congenital and Hereditary Diseases
- Research Department for CVDs in Children/Research Group for Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Research Group of Functional and Radiological Methods in Perinatology
- Research Group for Epigenetics and Metagenomics in Perinatology and Pediatrics
Training and education
The specialists of the Institute are faculty members at the Medical Education Institute of Almazov Centre.
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (headed by Irina Zazerskaya, MD, DSc)
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology delivers general and thematic advanced training courses for obstetricians and gynecologists. Apprentices have an opportunity to receive initial postgraduate training in the specialty of obstetrics and gynecology under the programmes of clinical residency, internship and PhD studies.
- Department of Children’s Diseases (headed by Irina Nikitina, MD, DSc)
The priority of the Department of Children’s Diseases is the training of highly qualified specialists from St. Petersburg, Russian regions and neighboring countries in various areas of pediatrics. The Department offers postgraduate training in Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Endocrinology, Neonatology. Forms of study: clinical residency, internship, PhD as well as professional retraining, certification cycles and continuing education courses on the topical issues of the stated specialties.
Velichko, E., Nepomnyashchaya, E., Baranov, M., Galeeva, M.A., Pavlov, V.A., Zavjalov, S.V., Savchenko, E., Pervunina, T.M., Govorov, I., Komlichenko, E. A Concept of Smart Medical Autonomous Distributed System for Diagnostics Based on Machine Learning Technology. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). 2019; 11660 LNCS: 515-524. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-30859-9_44.
Dinikina, Y; Belogurova, M; Zaritskey, A; Govorov, I; Tsibizova, V; Gamzatova, Z; Pervunina, T; Komlichenko, E. Ovarian tissue cryopreservation in prepubertal patients with oncological diseases: multidisciplinary approach and outcomes. JOURNAL OF MATERNAL-FETAL & NEONATAL MEDICINE. 2019; 18: 1-8. DOI: 10.1080/14767058.2019.1666364.
Kiselev, A; Vaz, R; Knyazeva, A; Khudiakov, A; Tarnovskaya, S; Liu, J; Sergushichev, A; Kazakov, S; Frishman, D; Smolina, N; Pervunina, T; Jorholt, J; Sjoberg, G; Vershinina, T; Rudenko, D; Arner, A; Sejersen, T; Lindstrand, A; Kostareva, A. De novo mutations in FLNC leading to early-onset restrictive cardiomyopathy and congenital myopathy. HUMAN MUTATION. 2018; 39 (9): 1161—1172. DOI: 10.1002/humu.23559.
Popova, P; Vasilyeva, L; Tkachuck, A; Puzanov, M; Golovkin, A; Bolotko, Y; Pustozerov, E; Vasilyeva, E; Li, O; Zazerskaya, I; Dmitrieva, R; Kostareva, A; Grineva, E. A Randomised, Controlled Study of Different Glycaemic Targets during Gestational Diabetes Treatment: Effect on the Level of Adipokines in Cord Blood and ANGPTL4 Expression in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENDOCRINOLOGY. 2018; ID 6481658 (эл.рес). DOI: 10.1155/2018/6481658.
Fedorova, OV; Ishkaraeva, VV; Grigorova, YN; Reznik, VA; Kolodkin, NI; Zazerskaya, IE; Zernetkina, V; Agalakova, NI; Tapilskaya, NI; Adair, CD; Lakatta, EG; Bagrov, AY. Antibody to Marinobufagenin Reverses Placenta-Induced Fibrosis of Umbilical Arteries in Preeclampsia. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR SCIENCES. 2018; 19, (8): ID2377 (эл.рес). DOI: 10.3390/ijms19082377.
Smirnov, IV; Gryazeva, IV; Vasileva, MY; Krutetskaia, IY; Shashkova, OA; Samoylovich, MP; Stolbovaya, AY; Solodovnikova, NG; Zazerskaya, IE; Sokolov, DI; Selkov, SA; Klimovich, VB. New highly sensitive sandwich ELISA system for soluble endoglin quantification in different biological fluids. SCANDINAVIAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL & LABORATORY INVESTIGATION. 2018; 78 (2): 515-523. DOI: 10.1080/00365513.2018.1516892.
Vasichkina, E; Poghosyan, H; Mitrofanova, L; Tatarsky, R; Lebedev, D. Quantification of prospective type 2 diabetes mellitus biomarkers by stable isotope dilution with bi-labeled standard glycated peptides. ANALYTICAL METHODS. 2017; 9 (3): 409-418. DOI: 10.1039/c6ay02483a.
Khudiakov, A; Kostina, D; Zlotina, A; Yany, N; Sergushichev, A; Pervunina, T; Tomilin, A; Kostareva, A; Malashicheva, A. Generation of iPSC line from patient with arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy carrying mutations in PKP2 gene. STEM CELL RESEARCH 2017; 24: 85-88. DOI:10.1016/j.scr.2017.08.014.
- Patent No. 2713436 “Method for differential diagnosis of isolated preeclampsia and preeclampsia developed in the presence of undiagnosed chronic arterial hypertension”
Authors: O.A. Bettikher, I.E. Zazerskaya, V.A. Bart, N.R. Ryabokon
- Patent No. 2687787 “Method for surgical repair of coarctation of the aorta combined with hypoplastic distal aortic arch”
Authors: E.V. Grekhov, A.A. Ivanov
- Patent No. 2560776 “Method for predicting the natural course of the phenomenon of a short PQ interval”
Authors: E.D. Oleichuk, T.K. Kruchina, D.F. Egorov
- Patent No. 2471410 “Method for diagnosing left-sided localization of accessory atrioventricular connections in children with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome”
Authors: T.K. Kruchina, E.S. Vasichkina, D.F. Egorov, B.A. Tatarsky
- Patent No. 2471413 “Method for the diagnosis of dual pathways of the atrioventricular connection in children”
Authors: T.K. Kruchina, E.S. Vasichkina, D.F. Egorov, B.A. Tatarsky
- Registration Certificate for Software No. 2015618616 “Data entry program for indicators of the functional state of the cardiovascular system and kidneys in children with obesity and arterial hypertension (KUPRI)”.
Authors: N.B. Kuprienko, S.B. Anokhin, V.A. Bart, N.N. Smirnova, I.A. Leonova, E.Yu. Gurkina, N.V. Petrova, T.M. Pervunina