Head of Laboratory
The Research Laboratory for Surgery of Congenital and Hereditary Diseases was established as a unit of the Institute of Perinatology and Pediatrics in January 2011.
Training and education
- Clinical residency in Pediatric Surgery
- Advanced training course on Pediatric Surgery, relicensure course (144 hours) for doctors from all regions of Russia at the Perinatal Centre
- Advanced training course on Neonatal Surgery and Care for pediatric surgeons, intensivists, neonatologists and nurses (72-144 hours to 500 hours).
- The specialists of the Laboratory are involved in the treatment and consulting practice at the departments of the Perinatal Centre.
Participation in State Assignments
The Laboratory for Surgery of Congenital and Hereditary Diseases contributes to the state assignment on the topic “Study of genetic basis and development of new diagnostic and treatment approaches for isolated and combined congenital anomalies” jointly with the Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics.
Our specialists take part in the assignment on the topic “Cultivation of MSCs (mesenchymal stem cells) from diseased tissue removed during surgery.” The results of the study have revealed that stem cells spontaneously differentiate into brush cells of the alveolar epithelium in 4 out of 17 cultures obtained from 17 samples of lung tissue.
- Greifswald University Hospital, Germany
- Medical University of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Almazov Centre receives doctors for advanced training and children with congenital hyperinsulinism for surgery.
Prof. Vladimir Bairov, Chief Researcher