The main purpose of the Research Laboratory of operative gynecology is creating multidisciplinary innovative approach to fundamental research in the field of obstetrics and gynecology.
The Laboratory tasks:
- Advance scientific research based on innovative multi-disciplinary approach to problem solving.
- Involvement of graduate students and young scientists in basic and applied research aimed at the development of innovative medicine.
- Activation of scientific communication, journalistic activity and cross-disciplinary exchange of young scientists.
- Treatment of most significant gynecological disorders (endometriosis, uterine fibroids, infertility).
- Using the variety of modern technologies and surgical energies to improve the quality of high-tech medical care.
- robot-assisted surgery;
- using the variety of surgical energies (using CO2 laser);
- onco fertility;
- fetal surgery;
- laparoscopic reconstructive plastic surgery;
- uterine Artery Embolization (UAE);
- reconstructive plastic surgery for breast cancer;
- neurogenesis in endometriosis;
- MR-guided focused ultrasound ablation;
- blood saving technologies.
Participation in educational activity:
The Laboratory conducts cycles for physicians in St. Petersburg, Leningrad region, and other regions of Russia to conducts lectures, workshops, hands-on exercises using simulators.
Laboratory International Cooperation in the following fields:
- Innovative developments in gynecological laparoscopy — Botchorishvili R. (Clermont-Ferrand, France).
- The use of CO2 laser — Donnez J., Donnez O. (Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium).
- Onco fertility — Donnez J., Dolmans MM. (Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium).
- Robot da Vinci — (University of Rome La Sapienza).
- Neurogenesis — Donnez O. (Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium).
- Navigation surgical equipment — Breimer K. Zürcher Fachhochschule (Germany).