Laboratory Head, MD, Deputy Director of the Institute of Endocrinology
Ongoing research areas:
- Study of clinical and molecular genetic features of pituitary tumors and their contribution to the development of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality
- Study of persistence and recurrence causes of Cushing's disease after transsphenoidal surgery, revealing predictors of relapse in early and late postoperative period
- Developing a new drug based on salts of succinic acid for the treatment of senile and postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Mechanisms of pleiotropic effects of vitamin D
- Vitamin D deficiency and the risk of developing diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Age-related deficiency of sex hormones and development of metabolic syndrome in diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Impact of statin therapy on the level of serum calcidiol in women with abdominal obesity, depending on the vitamin D receptor genotype
- Study of prognostic markers and differential diagnosis of various types amiodoron -induced thyrotoxicosis. Standards development in diagnostics and treatment
- Study of kisspeptine role in sexual maturation delay in boys of puberty age
- Russian Foundation of Fundamental Research № 13-04-00186 “Greline and orexine mechanisms of addiction” (2013—2015)
- Russian Foundation of Fundamental Research № 14-04-00795 “Study of prenatal stress role in the predisposition to anxiety and depressive disorders in androgen imbalance” (2013—2015)
Scientific Laboratory staff provides consultancy, diagnostic and treatment services to patients on the basis of Endocrinology department of Federal Almazov North-West Medical Research Centre as well as on the basis of Endocrinology Clinic departments of Pavlov State Medical University.
Participation in annual school of endocrinologists: November 15-16. St. Petersburg
Participation in school of diabetes insipidus.
Participation in clinical analysis of patients with diabetes insipidus.
Laboratory staff key publications:
Karonova T. Vitamin D deficiency is a risk factor for obesity and diabetes type 2 in women at late reproductive age / Grineva E. N., Karonova T., Micheeva E., Belyaeva O., Nikitina I. L. // AGING. — 2013. — Vol.5, №7. — P. 575-581. (IF- 5,127)
Bairamov A. A., Poletaeva A. O., Yukina G. Y., Shabanov P. D. Sexual dimorphism in emotional reactions and brain neurochemistry in rats after prenatal exposure to cholinoreceptor antagonist (s) // Journal of European College of Neuropsychopharma–cology. 2012, Vol. 22, S.2, p.188. (IF- 4,96)
Bairamov A. The Effect of Metformin on theMyocardial Tolerance to Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury in the RatModel of Diabetes Mellitus Type II / Kravchuk E., Grineva E., Bairamov A., Galagudza M., Vlasov T. / Experimental Diabetes Research. – V. 2011. — Article ID 907496, doi:10.1155/2011/907496