Head of the Scientific Laboratory of Endocrine Diseases in Pregnant
Ongoing research areas
- Study molecular, genetic and epigenetic basis of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) development and forecasting and to achieve best practices for its early diagnosis and treatment
- Study risk factors of cardiovascular disease in women with polycystic ovary syndrome and develop ways to prevent it
Within research directions Laboratory’s working on the following tasks:
- Organize GDM screening in several female counselling centers of St. Petersburg
- Create a registry of women with GDM and organize its technical support
- Examine the association of candidate genes polymorphisms (TCF7L2, CDKAL1, TCF2, FTO, etc.), the degree of gene-specific DNA methylation with the development of GDM and pregnancy outcomes
- Examine the role of insulin resistance indices, adipokines and vitamin D as early markers of GDM
- Evolve methodology for GDM development forecasting based on molecular genetic studies
- Develop ways to prevent GDM in development in high risk groups
- Evaluate the role of glycemia on an empty stomach for pregnancy as a criteria for GDM and optimize approach to the diagnosis of GDM in the 1st trimester of pregnancy
- Develop recommendations for the optimal frequency of blood glucose self-monitoring and determine target levels of glycemia in women with GDM
- Investigate the efficacy and safety of oral hypoglycemic agents (e.g., metformin) for GDM
P. V. Popova, A. S. Gerasimov, E. N. Kravchuke, E. M. Ryazantseva, E. N. Grineva. First trimester high blood pressure and risk of developing gestational diabetes later in pregnancy // The 7th International DIP Symposium, Florence, Italy, March 2013
P. V. Popova, A. Y. Babenko, E. N.Grineva. The Prevalence of Type 2 Diabetes, Arterial Hypertension and Coronary Artery Disease in Perimenopausal Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Wedge Resected in 1972—1989 // Diabetes. – 2012. – Vol.61, Suppl. 1- A649.
P. V. Popova, E. M. Ryasantseva, L. I. Ivanova, E. N. Grineva. Anti-mullerian hormone as a predictor of ovarian response to weight loss in overweight women with polycystic ovary syndrome // 15th International and 14th European Congress of Endocrinology. Florence, Italy, May 2012.
P. V. Popova, A. S. Gerasimov, E. N. Kravchuke, E. M. Ryazantseva, E. S. Shelepova, J. A. Demchuke, E. N. Grineva. The new combination of risk factors determining a high risk of gestational diabetes mellitus // 15th International and 14th European Congress of Endocrinology. Florence, Italy, May 2012.