Head of Pathology Unit, Chief Researcher, Associate Professor
- Studies on the cardiac conduction system at the macroscopic (layer-by-layer dissection, organometry), histological (layered serial histological sections), histochemical, immunohistochemical and ultrastructural levels
- Morphology, etiology and pathogenesis of atrial fibrillation with morphometric, immunohistochemical studies
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia with morphometric, immunohistochemical studies and objectification of differential diagnosis
- Etiology and pathogenesis of myocarditis with studies on the broad spectrum of cardiotropic viruses
- Etiology and pathogenesis of acquired valvular heart disease
- Congenital cardiomyopathy with a full range of histochemical and immunohistochemical reactions to detect cardiomyocyte proteins
- Sudden cardiovascular death
- Heart tumors
- Studies of endomyocardial biopsy in various diseases and heart transplant
- Morphological and genetic study of adult gliomas to clarify the diagnosis and create new directions of targeted therapy.
- Morphological study of the pancreas in children under one year old with and without congenital hyperinsulinism to clarify the diagnosis and create new directions of targeted therapy.
- Study of immunophenotypes and features of perivascular innervation of the pulmonary artery in humans and in animal experiments to develop new treatments for pulmonary hypertension.
- Study of telocytes in normal and diseased heart and brain as candidates for the role of an interstitial stem cell – pericyte or telocyte
- Morphological study of neuroendocrine tumors to improve and develop new drugs for targeted therapy
Confocal laser microscopy of the functional left atrial myocardium in a patient without atrial fibrillation with a mixture of CD34 / S100.
Electronic transmission microscopy. Left atrial myocardium in a patient with rheumatic mitral valve disease and long-term atrial fibrillation.
Adenomatous form of congenital hyperinsulinism. Insulin expression in the pancreas.
Development of a new method for the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension by mapping the neural structures of the pulmonary artery with high-frequency stimulation and three-dimensional navigation mapping.
Almazov Centre is developing a new method to diagnose and treat pulmonary hypertension
Participation in State Assignments
- Study of morphological and electrophysiological properties of sinus node and myocardial telocytes for diagnosis and cell therapy of arrhythmias (2018—2021). Supervised by L. Mitrofanova.
- Method for studying neurogenic regulation of the pulmonary circulation and remodeling of the pulmonary artery and substantiation of a new method for treating pulmonary hypertension by selective effect on neural elements (supervised by E. Mikhailov). Completion date: 01.10.2020.
Specialists of the Pathology Unit are contributors to the grant.
- Department of Cardiology Lund University Hospital, Sweden
- Royal Brompton Hospital and Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
- Department of Neuropathology, Medical Center, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
- Hospital de Hautepierre, Strasbourg, France
- Universita Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milano, Italy
- Deutsches Herzzentrum, Berlin, Germany
- German Heart Institute, Berlin, Germany
Mitrofanova L, Hazratov A, Galkovsky B, Gorshkov A, Bobkov D, Gulyaev D, Shlyakhto E. Morphological and immunophenotypic characterization of perivascular interstitial cells in human glioma: telocytes, pericytes, and mixed immunophenotypes. 2020;11 (4):322-346. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.27340
Mitrofanova, L.B., Vorobeva, O.M., Gorshkov, A.N. Analysis of pituitary adenoma expression patterns suggests a potential role for the NeuroD1 transcription factor in neuroendocrine tumor-targeting therapies. 2019; 10 (3): 289-312. DOI: 10.18632/oncotarget.26513. Q1; (Scopus)
Kudryavtsev, I; Serebriakova, M; Zhiduleva, E; Murtazalieva, P; Titov, V; Malashicheva, A; Shishkova, A; Semenova, D; Irtyuga, O; Isakov, D; Mitrofanova, L; Moiseeva, O; Golovkin, A. CD73 Rather Than CD39 Is Mainly Involved in Controlling Purinergic Signaling in Calcified Aortic Valve Disease. FRONTIERS IN GENETICS. 2019; 10: ID 604 (эл.ресурс). DOI: 10.3389/fgene.2019.00604. Q1; (Scopus и Web of Science)
Kiselev, A; Vaz, R; Knyazeva, A; Sergushichev, A; Dmitrieva, R; Khudiakov, A; Jorholt, J; Smolina, N; Sukhareva, K; Fomicheva, Y; Mikhaylov, E; Mitrofanova, L; Predeusu, A; Sjoberg, G; Rudenko, D; Sejersen, T; Lindstrand, A; Kostareva, A. Truncating Variant in Myof Gene Is Associated With Limb-Girdle Type Muscular Dystrophy and Cardiomyopathy. FRONTIERS IN GENETICS. 2019; 10: ID 608 (эл.ресурс). DOI: 10.3389/fgene.2019.00608. Q1; (Scopus и Web of Science)
Mitrofanova, LB; Gorshkov, AN; Konovalov, PV; Krylova, JS. Telocytes in the human sinoatrial node. JOURNAL OF CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR MEDICINE. 2018; 22 (1): 521-532. DOI: 10.1111/jcmm.13340. Q1; (Scopus и Web of Science)
Mitrofanova, LB; Konovalov, PV; Krylova, JS; Polyakova, VO; Kvetnoy, IM. Plurihormonal cells of normal anterior pituitary: Facts and conclusions. 2017; 8 (17): 29282-29299. DOI:10.18632/oncotarget.16502. Q1; (Scopus и Web of Science)
Basso, C; Aguilera, B; Banner, J; Cohle, S; d'Amati, G; de Gouveia, RH; di Gioia, C; Fabre, A; Gallagher, PJ; Leone, O; Lucena, J; Mitrofanova, L; Molina, P; Parsons, S; Rizzo, S; Sheppard, MN; Mier, MPS; Suvarna, SK; Thiene, G; van der Wal, A; Vink, A; Michaud, K. Comparison of heart rate in embryonic, young and adult Achatina fulica. MOLLUSCAN RESEARCH 2017; 37 (2):133-139. DOI: 10.1080/13235818.2016.1242185. Q2; (Scopus и Web of Science)
Vasichkina, E; Poghosyan, H; Mitrofanova, L; Tatarsky, R; Lebedev, D. Quantification of prospective type 2 diabetes mellitus biomarkers by stable isotope dilution with bi-labeled standard glycated peptides. ANALYTICAL METHODS. 2017; 9 (3): 409-418. DOI: 10.1039/c6ay02483a. Q1; (Scopus и Web of Science)
Patent No. 2364370, “Method for interventional treatment of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation”
Authors: D.S. Lebedev, E.N. Mikhailov, L.B. Mitrofanova, S.V. Gureev
Patent. No. 2336528, “Method for predicting early postoperative complications in patients with rheumatic heart disease”
Authors: L.B. Mitrofanova, A.G. Kudaibergenova, E.P. Ivanova, E.V. Nemchenko
Patent No. 2308229, “Method for diagnosing the suitability of the radial artery for use as a conduit in coronary artery bypass grafting”
Authors: M.L. Gordeev, E.P. Ivanova, E.V. Kuleshova, L.B. Mitrofanova, T.N. Enkina, S.V. Lyutynsky
Patent. No. 2361521, “Method for choosing the type of repair of mitral valve insufficiency”
Authors: E.V. Nemchenko, L.B. Mitrofanova
Patent for invention RU 2718288 C1, “Method for predicting the rate of development of fibrosis in patients with chronic viral hepatitis C”
Authors: D.Yu. Lobzin, S.G. Grigoriev, K.V. Zhdanov, V.E. Karev, G.G. Zagorodnikov, K.V. Kozlov, S.S. Karyakin
Patent for invention RU 2684195 C1, “Method for percutaneous aspiration puncture biopsy of the liver in rats”
Authors: A.V. Saulevich, K.V. Zhdanov, V.E. Karev, S.M. Zakharenko, D.M. Shakhmanov, K.V. Kozlov, Yu.F. Zakharkiv, S.S. Kozlov, V.Yu. Kravtsov, V.S. Sukachev, D.V. Popov, S.S. Karyakin, I.A. Gabdrakhmanov, M.V. Yaremenko, R.V. Gudkov, I.O. Bulavenko, V.S. Turitsin
Patent for invention RU 2695292 C1, “Method of postmortal morphological diagnosis of cerebral edema in neuroinfectious diseases in children”
Authors: V.E. Karev, A.A. Vilnits, N.V. Skripchenko
Patent for invention RU 2706699 C1, “Method for predicting an unfavorable course of liver fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C”
Authors: V.E. Karev, I.A. Karabak, Yu.V. Lobzin
Lubov Mitrofanova, Head of Pathology Unit, Chief Researcher